There's a mushroom under there, I swear!
These are SO tasty. I am obsessed with them. Matt rarely ever lets me get away with cooking meatless meals but he's okay with this one. I would eat it every other night if I could, but I don't want to abuse the privilege. And they are really super easy, which is of course a plus!
What you need
2 large portobello mushroom caps
1/2 cup part-skim ricotta
1/2 cup finely chopped baby spinach
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
4 tbsp Kalamata olives
1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
1 cup pasta sauce
What to do
1. Preheat oven to 450 and spray baking sheet generously with cooking spray.
2. Place mushrooms gill side up on baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 20-25 minutes.
3. Add ricotta, half the Parmesan cheese, spinach, olives, Italian seasoning, and pepper to taste in a bowl and mix well. Heat pasta sauce on stove or in microwave.
4. When the mushrooms are done roasting, pour out any liquid in the caps. Return the mushrooms gill side up to the pan, and add 2 tbsp of sauce to each, and keep the rest of the sauce warm. Add half of the stuffing to each cap, and bake for another 10 minutes.
5. Serve with the rest of the pasta sauce on top and enjoy!
This is so good with a side salad and crusty garlic bread. YUM! Just typing this out makes me wanna eat it again!