Saturday, February 12, 2011

Avocado pasta.

My guess is that this probably sounds either REALLY good or REALLY gross to you. Avocado seems to be one of those things that people either love or hate. I found this recipe at Oh She Glows and I had to try it. Immediately. And I suggest you do too if you're an avocado lover. It's a super refreshing twist on pasta!

IMG_0771

What you need:
1 ripe avocado
juice of 1/2 a lemon
2-3 garlic cloves (use less if you're not a garlic lover)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup fresh basil
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
6 oz pasta of your choice
fresh ground black pepper

What to do:
1. Boil water and add pasta. Cook 8-10 minutes.
2. Make the sauce by placing garlic cloves, lemon juice, and olive oil in a food processor and process until smooth. Add the avocado, basil, and salt, and process again until smooth.
3. Drain the pasta and place in a large bowl. Pour on sauce and mix until combined. Add lemon zest and black pepper on top. Serve immediately as this will not reheat well.

Let me know if you try it!

5 comments:

  1. Oh this sounds awesome! Totally making this in the next few days. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I JUST ATE THE LAST AVOCADO IN THE HOUSE NITE BEFORE LAST !!! WAAAAAAAAAA !!! I would love to have made this tonite too ! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good!! Yummm...
    Thanks for stopping by my Sunday hop! Cute blog, following you now!! http://mylifeinjenga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks really yummy!! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried it! I changed up the recipe a bit and I'll definitely be making it again! You can check out my version over at my blog
    http://lizardraerambles.blogspot.com/2011/03/avacado-pasta-calico-salad.html
    -Leah

    ReplyDelete