I'm a month late in posting these. Oops. I know lots of people think resolutions are dumb. But I think the New Year brings such an overwhelming feeling of a fresh start it's easy for me to start fresh with new habits too. I'm happy to say I've stuck to all of my resolutions so far. I have my 26 Before 26 goals to work on, so my resolutions are just a few small changes I want to make. I keep them framed on my nightstand so I see them every morning and every night to remind myself.
Here they are:
1. Drink more water. Self-explanatory.
2. Give up Diet Coke. Forever. And I'm happy to say I haven't had my beloved DC at all this year! I haven't even craved it. Well, okay, maybe once or twice. But I had no desire to actually drink it. I've surprised myself for sure.
3. Be more green. I have never recycled unless it would somehow benefit me. Like we save all our bottles and cans and cash them in. But I never recycle paper or aluminum cans or plastic from the house. And I still use plastic grocery bags. I set up a little recycling station. It's nothing fancy since they don't require us to separate things really besides plastic, metal, and glass from paper, but it's something. And it was actually free. And this is embarrassing to admit, but these were all left at my house when we moved in. So I was really just THAT lazy that I didn't bother to use them.
Also, every time we go to the commissary we have been purchasing a few reusable grocery bags at a time. Hopefully I'll have a big enough stash soon! There's lots of other things I'd like to do but I'm starting small for now.
4. Finish this house. I don't think a house can ever be "done," since I think your house will always change and evolve with you, but decorating this house literally consumes my mind! I obsess about it! I'm a freak! We don't own this place (we live in base housing) so I can only do so much. But I just want to get it to a point I'm happy with so I'm not sitting on the couch staring at everything I want to change. And I want to document it all right here!
5. Stay up to date with current events. I think it's really important to stay informed about what's going on in the world around you. And I usually don't, I usually lead my little life of oblivion unless something pops up on Facebook or someone brings something to my attention. Sad right? So basically I'm just aiming to read the top headlines every day.
6. Be more grateful. Sometimes - okay, a lot of the time - I just need to focus on how fortunate I am and not what I don't have, don't like, wish was different, etc.
I'm sure everyone is sick of reading about resolutions and no one cares about mine but I wanted to post to keep myself accountable! How are your New Years' Resolutions coming? I can't believe I've kept mine into February!