This is the best healthy shrimp recipe I've ever made. It somehow tasted buttery and delicious even though there's no butter at all in the recipe. So good!
4 tsp EVOO
2 red bell peppers, diced
1 lb asparagus cut into small pieces
2 tsp lemon zest
1/2 tsp salt
5 garlic cloves, minced
1 lb raw shrimp
1 cup chicken broth
1 tsp cornstarch
3 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1. Heat 2 tsp oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers, asparagus, lemon zest, and 1/4 tsp salt and cook until veggies soften. Transfer the veggies to a bowl and cover to keep warm.
2. Add the remaining 2 tsp of oil and garlic to the skillet and cook for about 30 seconds. Add shrimp and cook for about a minute.
3. Whisk broth and cornstarch in a small bowl until smooth and add to the pan with 1/4 tsp salt.
4. Cook, stirring, until the sauce has thickened and shrimp are cooked through.
5. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and parsley.
6. Mix the shrimp and veggies and serve!