Yum. These were SO good. I love grilled pineapple and cherry tomatoes. Kabobs are sometimes more work they're worth (and that's where the grill basket comes in handy), but these were definitely worth it.
1 1/2 lbs boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
1 15 1/4 oz can pineapple chunks
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp dry mustard
1/4 tsp pepper
1 large green pepper chopped into 1 inch pieces
1. Put chicken in large shallow dish or ziploc bag.
2. Drain pineapple, but keep 1/2 cup juice and set aside.
3. Mix the juice with the next 7 ingredients in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Pour over chicken. Cover and chill for 1-2 hours.
5. Remove chicken from marinade, but keep the marinade. Alternate chicken, pineapple, green pepper, mushrooms, and tomatoes on skewers.
6. Grill until chicken is done, brushing with marinade frequently.
Serve this over rice because the marinade is DELISH!